Family resource centres are prevention models supporting families in meeting the needs of their children. The program addresses four areas. Scroll down to see what these areas are.
Enhance child development through positive experiences and play. The FRC provides:
- High quality early learning, literacy and numeracy environments.
- Play that supports school readiness and holistic child development.
- Play that includes families and caregivers.
- Programs where children experience sensory play, art, dance, music, etc.
- Information about what parents should look for when choosing high quality learning programs
- Supporting the quality of programs offered by private family child care homes and community preschools.
Build parenting skills to support child development and prvide responsive and nurturing environments. The HEYFRC provides:
- Programs and support to build the knowledge of parents and caregivers about supporting holistic child development and early learning
- Inclusive environments where parents and caregivers can learn about child development and well-being
- Family literacy and numeracy activities.